Tuesday, September 5, 2017

First day of school - but not for me!



Another month between posts and another 2 rotations under my belt - needless to say, life is busy!

I spent a week in Owen Sound at a small animal clinic and got to see how things worked in a small town hospital. I really enjoyed the pace and got to see some really cool cases and finally learn some dentistry tricks (something that vet school's curriculum is sadly lacking). 

Then I had a week off and a few of my good friends and I went to a cottage for a little getaway :) Sun, food, and drinks - it was a great time! 

Wine tasting :)

We canoed and no one drowned! Success



Onto the next rotation which was at a high volume spay and neuter/low income clinic. This one had a special place in my heart because I volunteered there before vet school and actually found out that I had gotten in while I was finishing a volunteer shift - so it was pretty surreal to go back as an almost-vet and be able to actually spay and neuter some kitties! 

Just a handful of kitten :)

Other notable events: 
- I booked my NAVLE (eeeek!) for December 1st, so I guess I should get serious about studying now!
- A tattoo place in London had a fundraiser for a local dog rescue where they were doing pawprint tattoos all day. I've been wanting an animal-related tattoo for awhile! I considered getting a specific one for Daisy but couldn't decide on something since she was such a special girl, so I figured this paw print could represent all the dogs in my life, past present and future! It turned out so cute :) 


Today is the first day of school for most students, but not for me! Since I did a bunch of rotations throughout the summer, I have this week and next week off before heading back to school. 4th year technically started back in May for us anyway! I definitely do NOT miss going back and sitting in class; so glad this year is all clinical :) I'm going to take this time to study and catch up on life before going back to the madness.

I think that's all I need to update you on for now - bye! :)

His face shows how much he loves photoshoots



No comments:

Post a Comment